Venue - Nicholas Hall, Lincoln Event Centre, North Belt, Lincoln. (hubbed with badminton, lawn bowls, netball, rugby sevens)
Entry Fee - $15+gst per athlete
Tournament Information – one day only (Tuesday)
Boccia Contact: Charlotte Pawson – Parafed Canterbury
Manager’s Meeting: 10.20am, 15 September, in Nicholas Hall, Lincoln Event Centre.
Rules: The Koru Games Boccia competitions will be played under the BISFed International Boccia Rules.
- All games will be played in the spirit of ‘Fair Play’. To mark this all players will shake hands before and after each game.
- The competitions are for athletes with physical impairment, for advice please contact Justin.
- Each round robin match will consist of two ends, players getting six balls on each end.
- A coin toss shall determine the players’ colour (red or blue).
- The red player starts by throwing the jack (white ball) into the court.
- The red player continues by throwing their first ball.
- The blue player then throws their first ball.
- The person whose ball is furthest from the jack then throws the next ball.
- This person continues to throw until they have the closest ball.
- Balls are thrown in this order until all balls are thrown.
- The blue player starts the second end by throwing the jack and first ball.
- Players score by having the closest ball to the jack and receives one point for each of their balls closer to the jack than the closest ball of their opponent’s.
- Scores are totaled at the end of each match, if tied a “single ball tie-breaker” will determine the winner.
Competitions: There will be a single mixed (gender and class) tournament only. With no gender advantage all individuals will play in the same tournament.
Format: The Boccia tournament will be played entirely on Tuesday. Round robin games will be played giving final seeding for the finals. Get your draw here.
Team Manager: Each school must supply a manager (teacher, parent, senior student).
First Aid: Performance Physio will be set up at the netball courts, and Complete Physiotherapy will be set up at rugby sevens to provide first aid to any boccia competitors that need it during the Games. Both physios will offer strapping at an additional charge (cash only).
Food/Beverage: Currently being sourced
Equipment: All equipment will be provided by Parafed Canterbury.