Venue - Foster Park Turf, Goulds Road, Rolleston (hubbed with Kī O Rahi, Korfball, Table Tennis, Touch, Ultimate & Volleyball)
Entry Fee - $80+gst per team
Hockey Contact: Haley – Waikirikiri Hockey
Manager’s Meeting: 10.35am, 15 September, at Foster Park Turf.
Rules: The Koru Games Hockey (fives) Competition will be played under the FIH Rules of (11-a-side) Hockey unless stated below.
- All games will be played in the spirit of ‘Fair Play’. To mark this all players will shake hands before and after each game.
- All competitions are five-a-side, with a maximum number of eight per squad.
- Games will be played on a quarter turf.
- Games will consist of 12 minute halves, with a two minute half time.
- Interchanges can happen by either team at any time, interchanges must be taken from the defensive half of the turf.
- Unlimited interchanges in each game.
- Padded goal keepers are not permitted.
- All players must wear a mouth guard and shin pads at all times while playing.
- Umpires will not call minor infringements, except in the circle, to allow for continuity of play.
- Playing on the quarter turf there shall be no outs on the sidelines, the boards can be used to keep the ball in play. If the ball goes over the baseline this is deemed out.
- When the ball is unintentionally played over the back-line by a defender, and no goal has been scored, play will be restarted by the attacking team 5 meters from the edge of the circle with where the ball crossed the back-line.
- Goal circles are 9m radius and are marked in blue field markings.
- Goals may only be scored from within the circle.
- No hitting, however sweep hitting is permitted.
- No lifting, if the ball is raised above knee height and deemed dangerous a free hit will be awarded to the opposition.
- No penalty corners are played, instead a long corner is played.
- All players must be 5 yards from the ball when a free hit is taken.
- Umpires can issue a one minute suspension for repeated negative offences and a three minute suspension for serious intentional offences.
- The tournament coordinator’s decisions are final.
Competitions: Mixed tournament only. Mixed teams must have at least two players of each gender on the turf at all times. Full girls teams will be accepted from girls schools.
Format: The Hockey tournament has a mixed competition only. They will play round robin games in pools, the results of which will give seeding for a knockout round resulting in overall placings.
Officials: All teams must supply a willing and able umpire.
Team Manager: All teams must be accompanied by a manager (teacher, parent, senior student).
First Aid: Physio 4U will be set up at Foster Park for the duration of the Games and will deal with any injuries that arise. They will also provide strapping at additional cost (cash only).
Food/Beverage: Currently being sourced
Equipment: Each team will be responsible for supplying all playing equipment required by their team.