Venue - Foster Park, Goulds Road, Rolleston. (hubbed with hockey, kī o rahi, table tennis, touch, ultimate & volleyball)
Entry Fee - $80 +gst per team
Korfball Contact: Youri – Korfball Canterbury
Manager’s Meeting: 10.40am, 15 September, at Foster Park.
Rules: The Koru Games Korfball competition will be played under the normal Korfball rules unless stated below, the rules explained here.
- All games will be played in the spirit of ‘Fair Play’. To mark this all players will shake hands before and after each game.
- Each team will consist of no more than 10 players with six on court at any time, three attackers and three defenders.
- There must be at least one player of each gender at each end of the court and the attackers set the gender of the third player.
- Full girl teams are accepted
- A coin toss or ‘paper-scissors-rock’ will determine who starts with the ball.
- Ends/Roles will change after two goals.
- No stepping with the ball
- No controlling the ball with the foot
- No contact
- Players are to stay in their division/half of the court
- No shooting while ‘defended’
- Each game shall consist of one 15minute period, there is no half time.
- A stopwatch will be used to keep time.
- Games will start with a whistle from the referee once both teams are on court.
- Late starting games will result in a shorter game to ensure the day runs to schedule.
- An air horn will be used to give a 5minute warning before the start of each round. Any games from the previous round still going at that time will end on the air horn.
- Each team will take turns at ‘duty’. For this two players from that team are required to assist the Korfball Canterbury volunteer on the duty bench. Responsibilities will be to ensure substitutions take place correctly by signally the referee and to keep score.
- Unlimited substitutions can happen (ie players can be substituted off and on multiple times during one game)
- Substitutions can only occur during a break in play (ie after a whistle has stopped play)
- Substitutions must be made through the duty bench
Competitions: There is a mixed tournament only, full girl teams are accepted but will take part in the mixed competition. There are no limits on the number of teams a school can enter.
Format: The Korfball tournament has a mixed competition only. They will play round robin games in pools, the results of which will give seeding for a knockout round resulting in overall placings.
Get your draws here.
Team Manager: All teams must be accompanied by a manager (teacher, parent, senior student).
First Aid: Physio 4U will be set up at Foster Park for the duration of the Games and will deal with any injuries that arise. They will also provide strapping at additional cost (cash only).
Food/Beverage: Currently being sourced
Equipment: All equipment will be supplied by Korfball Canterbury/NZ. We encourage all schools that requirement support in sourcing equipment to train with to make contact with Torsten.